Sunday, July 05, 2009

Happy Birthday AMERICA!




























I hope everyone had a safe & fun 4th of July! We had a great day that started off by going to the Hillsboro parade. A big THANK YOU to my sister and niece Kelli who went early and saved a big section that was shady (and stayed shady) for the entire parade! It was near the end of the parade route, so candy tossing was a little slim. I think quite a few "floats" ran out. We did end up scoring big on candy on the walk back to the car - which was near where the "floats" ended up. Some must have had quite a bit of candy left, because they just tossed handfulls right at US while we were walking. Yippeee!! Me loves me some candy!




















We BBQ-ed in the evening, invited my Mom over, did some sparklers, and other fireworks. We also could see about 3 other big firework displays up in the sky from our street. It was great! Ella was sleeping in her crib, kids out in their pjs, and no big drive home. LOVE IT!! I thought for sure they would sleep in after staying up until 11pm, but no. They were up at 7:30 this morning. I guess that might be a little later than normal. But not the 3 or so hours I was hoping for. :) Hoping for an early bed time tonight. I am really in the mood to do some scrapbooking!


















I'm hoping the weather is a bit cooler today. It's been in the 90s for the past few days, we do NOT have A/C....so over 90 is a little too hot for me. What can I say, I think I'm getting old.



I think we are going swimming this afternoon. The kids should be tired, but aren't. I AM!

Enjoy the pictures and Happy Sunday.

~Linda

No comments: