Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday MALIA!

Wow! I can't believe how fast time flies. Five years ago today our little Malia was born. :) I will never forget the night before she was born, and my Mom telling me "Get a good nights sleep...this will be the last quiet night for a long time". I didn't think much of it at the time...but boy was she right! I almost laugh now when I think of it. I don't think I will ever sleep peacefully again. :) LOL!

Malia at 1 week:




















Malia at 1 month:
















(We didn't have a digital camera when she was born........but got one right after...........hence no hospital pictures to post here.)


Here is the Birthday Girl Now:
























We had our first "kid" party this past weekend with a small group of kids. It was lots of fun! We hired a face painter and she was GREAT!

Today we are having a lower-key day, but are taking cupcakes & goody bags to pre-k. She got to open 2 gifts this morning, one of which was an "Easy Bake Oven"........so I'm sure we will be doing some baking after school & before Dad comes home. We are letting her pick what's for dinner tonight........so that should be interesting.

Well, I need to get going. We have lots of celebrating to do!! :)

Have a great day~
~Linda

p.s. I forgot to mention 2 cute/funny things that Malia said. Last night she asked if we could light candles today, for her birthday.........apparently that is something special. I didn't know! I light them less & less now that we have 3 kids. I worry about them a bit, but said sure! What an easy thing to do to please a 5 year old. The 2nd thing was this morning. out of the blue she said she would still be happy if all she got was a bag of rocks & leaves! Dang! I could have saved some money. :)

3 comments:

Kandi said...

Happy Birthday Malia!!

Anonymous said...

The Easy Bake Oven! Every girl's dream!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Malia! What a sweetie-pie. Candles, rocks & leaves! I wonder what she chose for dinner? PB&J? :)