Monday, June 09, 2008

Our Trip to Pacific City - Memorial Day Weekend



We were so excited to get away for Memorial Weekend! We hadn't been to the beach since Thanksgiving......that's just about 6 months!! (I'm sure you can all do the math, not sure why I had to tell you :O)). We stayed with my Dad & Jan and had a great time. Saturday was gorgeous (that's when all of these beach pictures were taken). So many people were out on the beach....which isn't that normal for Oregon. I was feeling huge and hot, but the others climbed the gigantic sand hill (dune?) and got to check out the view from the top. It is really a lot bigger than it looks in these pictures. Poor Rourke, I think he climbed it 2 or 3 times with Malia (part of the way with her on his shoulders). Needless to say, lots of napping happened later that day.















There was driftwood that apparently someone had made into a teeter totter, which was fun for the kids. I never see those anymore!





The huge rock, I think it is called "Haystack Rock", eventhough there is another "Haystack Rock" in Cannon Beach (up the coast)........anyway, I love this rock! From one angle it looks like a Native American Indian head, but from this angle it looks like King Kong's head (profile). Can you see it?? My dad even found the profile of the Grinch on one portion of the rock. I can't see it in the picture, but I could see it when I was there.

The weather turned cloudy and drizzly on Sunday, but we saw lots of deer and rabbits right from Dad's house. The kids loved it!

Hope you all have a great week~
Linda

No comments: