Friday, March 04, 2011

Friday Fun!

Happy Friday everyone! At Malia's school today they had a book parade through the halls. You were suppose to dress as a character from your favorite book. The characters from her favorite book would have been way too much for me to tackle this week, so we chose a new favorite book (that we started reading last night) and went with that. It's from the Pony Pals series, which we made work with a semi-western shirt, boots, braids, and her Webkinz pony. Way better than me attempting to sew some crazy outfits involving elaborate dresses and capes. :) She seemed to be happy with it. From what I heard "Fancy Nancy" and "Eloise" were some of the popular girl characters today.
(When I picked her up from school today, the braids were gone and she had some wild Diana Ross hair going on. Oh well.)

Today I made this silk/organza/tulle flower. It was my first attempt and I need to tweak it a bit here and there. It's a little too round I think. I'm going to try to get them looking a bit more realistic- hopefully. My friend Kandi and I have just signed up for our first Spring Bazaar in a few years - so I need to get busy with some things to fill up our table. I thought something new would be fun.


If I can get to a place where I'm happy with these, I might try to turn some into pins, hair clips or ??? We'll see. I've got "crafting ADD" these days, which leads to lots of unfinished projects. Hopefully I'll remember what I was going to do with them when I get back to them all!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Linda

1 comment:

Kim Garlington said...

i looooove the flower!! it would look really cute on a little girl's headband, or one of those baby headbands! : ) i've wanted to try one of those, but mine sure wouldn't turn out like that! malia is so cute as a pony pals gal! : )
kim