Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap

Hello!

Before December rolls around, I thought I'd give Thanksgiving a little more attention - because it seems so overlooked between Halloween & Christmas!

We had a really low-key Thanksgiving this year, just us and my Mom. We didn't have any plans a few days before Thanksgiving - even for having a traditional dinner. It turned out nice, and MY FIRST PIE was pretty good (if I do say so myself! ha ha). Kids played some games, we chatted, ate, then ate some more. The kids were fairly wound up - it was almost like Christmas. Which I'm now dreading, after seeing the energy Thanksgiving had. Geesh. I need to double up on my vitamins for the next month or so.



Malia made special place cards for our table, and Alex contributed with his pumpkin centerpiece he made in preschool. Malia was also a big helper with setting the table. Too bad it isn't as exciting for her on every other regular day of the year.


This is how Thanksgiving ended for Ella:
She's getting more teeth.

Well, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I didn't do any Black Friday shopping -- but I did get my Christmas cards ordered. WOOP! That is early for me - I feel good. I do feel guilty for not making my own - which I do like to do, but not in huge quantities.
Oh well. Someday I'll get back to that.


Good night~
Linda

No comments: