Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend - A Trip to the Beach!

Happy End of May!
I can't believe Summer is right around the corner. The weather here has been HOT for this time of year. I think we hit 88 degrees over the weekend. Ugh. Makes me wonder if I can go through another summer without A/C. Looks like I will have to find a way to suffer through. :)

Today we went to my Niece Kim's son's FIRST BIRTHDAY party. It was a perfect day and a fun bbq party! We all had a great time, Carson is a cutie!! The kids had fun on a great tire swing and little pool too. Of course I forgot my camera, but there were plenty of others there. I am not worried. I can't believe Ella will be 1 in less than a month. How fast the past year has gone by.


Well, speaking of how fast time flies, these pictures were taken last weekend at Pacific City. I thought I should post them before we are technically into June!

The weather was beautiful (but windy the day these beach pictures were taken). The kids had a slight cold, and Ella started sounding croupy (is that a word) once we got down there. Ugh. I was worried (mostly due to Alex having a bad case of croup when he was 1.5, and having to spend the night in the hospital).....but we did our best to make it go away with lots of remedies!

Right about the time these horses were going by I dropped my camera in the sand. You'll notice a spot on the rest of the pictures. I may have to take it in to get it out.

Anyway, it was neat to see horses on the beach. It doesn't happen too often. I do remember when we saw a runaway horse shooting down the beach a few years ago. That was exciting!!








The water was cold (of course), and Alex didn't want anything to do with it. Malia on the other hand went for it. So typical.
Ella missed out on the actual beach this trip....too sick. :(







And here is a good shot of Grandpa Chuck (my dad) and the kids. Alex thought it was funny to close his eyes for every picture.

Nice.........................

Okay, one last tidbit. There are always deer that we watch for at the beach house. They come right up to the house looking for food.

Here is a video we shot of them being **hand fed** pancakes. Luckily no one was trampled.

That's all for now. I'm tired. I apologize if this is rambling and crazy. ~Linda

No comments: