Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Met Ali Edwards!



About a week and a half ago I heard that Ali Edwards was going to be at "SCRAPBOOK ATTACK" in Cedar Hills (a local scrapbook store). I have seen her books, read her blog, and always read her articles in "Creating Keepsakes" magazine. I thought it would be fun to see her in person and have her sign a book. Kandi went along with me (thanks Kandi!) for the adventure. We assumed she would have her new book there to buy & have signed......but she didn't and the store had sold out! We made a quick trip to Joann's and Borders and finally found ONE copy of her last book. It would have to do. We barely made it back to Scrapbook Attack before she left.......she was off to IKEA. :) Anywho......I felt a little like a stalker, but got a picture, a book, and she signed it. She was really nice, funny, laid back, TALL and had a deep voice that I didn't expect. She had a lot of her mini- albums laid out that were so unique and inspiring. Her handwriting is to die for! Take a look at her blog: http://www.aliedwards.typepad.com/ She has some great ideas....and thinks mistakes are a good thing. :) That's all for today. I have been trying to get my own scrapbooking underway and caought up (which will take awhile)......so far so good. Happy Tuesday!
~Linda

1 comment:

Kandi said...

I had fun Linda (a little stressful racing back to Scrapbook Attack), but I'm glad I got to help you stalk, oh I mean meet Ali! :)